Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Addicted to British Wool.



My passion for British Wensleydale wool fiber. Here's a little history, in pictures...

Felting all types of British wool into accessories...Summer 2009






...I was learning to felt. But I managed to do a photo shoot anyway with my new pieces and the Ellis daughters of Lancaster Yarn Shop!
Wensleydale it is:-)! I gave in. Just Wensleydale for me.

Here's my British Wensleydale flowers here in Pennsylvania on the old outdoor cooker.

my flowers in the making...on Grandma's neighbor Peg's pink retro table...that is now my work table. (but where my Grandpa once drank beer and played cards)


First show with my beloved British Wensleydale flowers...December 2009 at Eastern Market.




they loved them! Ran to yarn shop for more wool in snow storm after first day of show, then raced home to make more for the next day....

May 2010- Indie show in Allentown, Pennsylvania, more prepared this time!...




June 2010 Lititz, Pennsylvania show (can't believe i pulled this cuteness off at 5 months pregnant):


and in July 2010, British Wensleydale goes downtown to the My Aunt Debbie shop (surrounded by art from many of my Indie friends....Love)...

Wensleydale drying at home...



Thomas Brendle Museum show November 2010, Mimi 3 weeks old. A consignment show. Returned to pick up my pieces after show, worker went to look for my platters, couldn't find them...then found most of the platters under a table, EMPTY! elated as I drove home with my newborn Mimi (who has her ears checked for sequins and beads at her well baby visits!)




December show 2010 at Eastern Market. with Mimi, age 9 weeks.


Max, at Christmastime, right before I ran these to the shop downtown...


Mimi with Debbie at My Aunt Debbie, 310 North Queen Street Lancaster...

and with Jeri, of Flying Fibers, amongst Wensleydale Longwool Sheepshop yarns!

Window at My Aunt Debbie, February 2011:

(British Wensleydale in storefront window, downtown Lancaster, Pennsylvania!)

For Valentines of course...


and Debbie creates a cool display for my British Wensleydale...

It's spring, time for bright colors and ..bows!

Find my British Wensleydale Wool pieces at the following boutiques:

My Aunt Debbie Boutique (at Mommmalicious) Queen Street. Lancaster.
The Mandarin Rose Spa at the Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square, Downtown Lancaster
Hello Bluebird 609 Penn Avenue West Reading, PA
felt, 13 Cale Street, London

No comments: