Friday, October 19, 2012

When It Rains It Pours

From Henri Bendel on Twitter, a photo of the line at Open See today.


A few days after my interview for the Lancaster newspaper, the reporter emailed me to ask if I'd be re-attending Open See at Henri Bendel on 5th Avenue, NYC on October 19.

I had attended the March Open See this year. It was a gorgeous day. The buyer quickly reviewed my pieces and noted they are for fall. I left my Look Book with the buyer and headed out the Art Deco doors into the sunshine with my LL BEAN tote bag full of headbands made from Izzy Lane Shetland tweed from the dreamy Yorkshire Dales.


Today came and went and I just remembered that today was fall Open See. Oh there was a pang in my heart. I could have went. This time though I'd have gone with a lighter heart. In mid October maybe they'd be interested in my luxuriously soft British wool accessory line, now sporting the black with gold lettering Maggie French for IZZY LANE label.


The big question on my mind tonight is:

Did they see any tweed?!


xx

No comments: