Saturday, December 18, 2010

1000 Artisan Textiles & A Visit to Flying Fibers

I took a trip to Landisville yesterday to pick up more Wensleydale wool at Flying Fibers.
When I got home my mother in law Rebecca had a present for me, "1000 Artisan Textiles" by Quarry Books. This is the third book my art has been in, but I hadn't seen a copy yet. So I was very happy to FINALLY! see it- the hair barrette/fascinator I made in celebration of Royal Ascot week in London made the cut.

It is made using wool (from a mill here in Lancaster county),that I carded, wet felted, and hand stitched with gorgeous yarn from Rachel-Marie of KnittyDirtyGirl. I also stitched roving (aka combed tops) to it.

(what you don't see is that on the underside I humorously stitched, "I felt racy." (Royal Ascot is a famous annual horse race, for those not in the UK).

here's a pic of the original art felt that I created to make the piece. Here it is drying, late at night:

and here, Mimi and Jeri meet for the very first time...

Mimi asleep in front of the Wensleydale yarn at Flying Fibers...ahhh....

I can't believe Christmas is only one week away! there's a house to clean, presents to wrap, gingerbread cookies to make, last minute shopping, and one more felty flower delivery!!!

No comments: