Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's Christmastime...

of all places, "Field of Screams" www.fieldofscreams.com was giving away Christmas trees today from 12-8! So down came our tiny table top tree and in came this beautiful eight foot tree, the nicest tree we've ever had. Thank you so much! Max says, "It's Beautiful! and BIG!" I got it IN the car...but then again, I'm used to jamming furniture and doors into my Toyota.

I have a lot to be thankful for this year...family, friends, my sweet son and husband, my house...

I am so grateful to the friends I made this year. Maggie M., Cinda, Ann, Vic and Rachel-Marie...That couldn't have happened at a more needed time. I am happy for feeling more true to myself as an artist, something I covered up working ten years as an admin. I am grateful for living in Lancaster, which is the perfect city for me right now at this time.

Here I am today visiting Rachel-Marie www.knittydirtygirl.etsy.com at the Lancaster Yarn Shop on Prince Street www.lancasteryarnshop.com. Her and I say random things and crack each other up. I would have imagined us to be funny friends together if we had known each other as kids. And here I am sporting a vintage snowball hat I got over the weekend. we look a little dorky here, but it's such a cute pic I love it. It's got that little girl spirit:-)


what a beautiful store....simplistic... I am trying not to pant over the black chair...and the red Persian rug in the background, etc etc.

and look at this scarf RM made...where did this girl from? hipster heaven?


and here's their window...just beautiful...

now off to make cookies from Cottage Living Magazine..."Dodgie's Holiday Butter Crips" from 12/2007. We need cookies for tomorrow, I have trouble keeping them around, if you catch my drift.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Maggie!! Thank you for posting our picture and my scarf! Those poor chairs, begging for bright colors. I have always loved folk art. Your personality reflects your artwork, whimsy and happy! You're a huge inspiration to me, I treasure our friendship! See you soon, happy holidays. I'm so sorry about your friend... I understand and you don't have to worry about us, we'll always be lurking around Lancaster and knocking on your door for muffins!!!