Monday, October 24, 2011

ONE!

Max's teacher says to capitalize letters when something is important. and Mimi is ONE!
What a lovey little girl...even more beautiful now then the day she was born- so calm and easy going. So attached to all of us.
She had a small party on Saturday with just our family and close friends. She wore her fancy party dress from I Love Gorgeous . She walked across the living room with her baby stroller, in her new shoes, so little and strong.
She ate her vegan cake and clapped her hands when we sang to her. She played with her friends and let her Grandparents carry her all around. She played on the trampoline in the fresh air.
I just love her. I love always having her with me. I love that she's here.
Happy 1st Birthday my sweet Mimi!













Here's the recipe for the vegan cake I made her. from my Mom:

Ultra Orange Cake

Oven 350’
Grease and flour a round cake pan.
Whisk together thoroughly:
1 1/2 C flour
1 C sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Add and stir together until smooth:
1 C orange juice
1/3 C vegetable oil
1 tblsp grated orange zest
1 tblsp vinegar
1 tsp vanilla

Bake 30 –35 min. or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Cool in the pan on a rack 10 min.
Run a knife around the edge to loosen the cake.
Invert the cake onto the cooling rack and cool completely

(i doubled the recipe and didn't flip the cake out of the pan- my cake stand broke so this is easier for me to present and keep...I kept it in the pan and frosted it with vegan store frosting. (funfetti!)
xx

No comments: