Friday, January 21, 2011

Grieving with Queen Street

Last night at midnight, Matt told me that Zap and Co. was ablaze downtown.

Here is a photo by Daniel Klotz of the aftermath.

My heart aches for Steve, the 300 block of Queen Street, and the vintage institution he created and maintained for nearly 40 years.
Today, in honor of Zap and Co. Mimi was dressed in vintage. Our thoughts and prayers are with Steve who suffered third degree burns and is in critical but stable condition today, his family, friends, and Queen Street.
(dress, my own. from 1973- the same year that Zap & Co. opened it's doors. and hat. with felt heart brooch from local artist Hollie Chantiles).

2 comments:

BEEstung said...

thanks maggie:)
i can't wait to have YOUR beutiful flowers in my shop in york!

still just unbelievable about Zap.

xo
hollie

Maggie French said...

thank you Hollie, looking forward to it! and best of luck as you get ready for your grand opening!
thank you for thinking of me and my flowers!