Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Very Merry Arty Weekend - Part 2

Today took us to the Susquehanna Waldorf School Winter Fair, which I always love for it's gorgeous artiness and winter earthiness. It is such treat, and a pretty little school. It's where I first saw real felt and felt handcrafts about a decade ago.


The school has really been improved since our last visit. There seemed to be so many more things to see and do, and so many halls and rooms I'd never been in before.













For a felter, it is really fun to turn corners and see such sweet felt things.




I took what looked like a shortcut to the gym, and I ended up in the most amazing art rooms I've ever seen. Tools. Tables. Supplies.

And, fabulously sort of austere!





When I got to the woodworking room, it took my breath away.


(this is what was going on at the gym, when I got there...)



I think this pumpkin has Wensleydale locks on its top. (!!!)












We ended the weekend by putting up our tree after dinner. My felt ornament collection is growing, and I love how the wax paper/melted crayon ones we made yesterday help to fill the tree in.



We hope you had a great weekend too.xx

No comments: