Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Re-Styling....

I have been pretty busy over the last week or so. We went away to the cottage in the woods for Memorial Day weekend. Had lots of fun and I found vintage hankies and vintage buttons and vintage trims at great prices...although...sad to say "antiquing" with a 3.5 year old boy didn't quit work out. (50 year old toys only entice for so long)

Each day I worked on my new art- hair barrettes and clips made from handmade felt and Indie yarn. I came home with a nice display of large flower pieces which I'll offer to a store soon (see last post for an example). Today I dropped off a stash of small hair clips at the Lancaster Yarn Shop, downtown. they are on the counter in a milk glass bowl:-) and they are sporting the new vintage buttons from the aforementioned trip.

I am beginning to feel older but I like it. it's a change for me. for so long I looked very young. and now over the last couple years I've had some wonderful experiences becoming an artist here...some of the experiences were really hard (heat stroke at art shows, etc)...so maybe I've had just enough experiences now that I can reflect on them, and change it up for the better. Yada yada...but it's strange that most of the clothes in my closet look very strange or inappropriate suddenly. I'm seeking an easier and elegant life now in lots of aspects.

Here's a pic from www.dottieangel.etsy.com. She sells LOVELY vintage stuff, including this cool custom fabric bunting.



This is like something I'd do. Take a modern IKEA bed, and pair it with vintage stuff that's colorful. and I love the colors....

but she's cooler than me. look at this pic...and in the background see the white chair? you see? the same chair I painted for the yarn shop!!! the one that says, "SHHHH I'm counting."
OH crap. it looks better white! (please like my hair decor everyone...maybe I can take a break from painting!)

....i had to redo my pink studio table yesterday to accommodate the new things I'm making. my new supplies are: Felt, Yarn, Sewing Stuff, Scisscors...

I'm also on another freecyle/craigslist tangent this week. that feels good. I think I like simple things and small houses with not much in them. and just nice food each day:-)...and color, always.
I can't stop looking at that white chair. White is nice.

No comments: