Saturday, March 21, 2009

Lots of Signs!

We made a spontaneous visit this afternoon to Intercourse, after a morning of visiting the State of the Art Gallery and Framery in East Pete to drop off some art, and a visit to Dogstar Books. I was so surprised to see the huge!!!! new Lancaster Yarn Shop sign! it really fits in with the other signs on the street. Big and bold, and it will surely draw people in. I LOVE IT!

We parked behind the store, in a lucky spot (it was busy out there) and I was startled to see my little "We're Open" sign pinned neatly by the back door (oh I felt proud!) ...

and then I rounded the side of the building and saw these two of mine...

Max made friends fast at his favorite new playground at Kitchen Kettle, which is also home to goats and chickens...this playground has a playhouse with a slide and this cool train. he was so happy. We all enjoyed popcorn from the Kettle Corn maker.

And as we were leaving the Village headed to the car, I noticed a mother and daughter from Florida. They parked behind the Yarn Shop and immediately headed right in to the yarn shop...their first destination store, how nice is that?
This weekend I've made three of these little mushroom gnome homes. They are so fun to make!
My Dad bought me a big box of 144 wood blocks and I thought they'd make neat little houses of different shapes. I started with three mushroom homes, accented with atomicblue's (www.atomicblue.etsy.com) woolen felt...next on the agenda is country/city homes. and my Dad has added chimneys to my peaked roof design...so I'm psyched to get started on those and create a little village.
I listed the gnome homes in my Etsy shop, and will also be bringing my little town of houses to Building Character on First Firday April, in downtown Lancaster.

No comments: