Monday, February 18, 2008

Lancaster City Bird


My college roommate visited today with her two boys.
She had not been to the house in over a year and a half. This was the first time she saw my 2007 art (and that consisted of the pieces I never sold- shucks) and my 2008 crazy colorful, kid inspired art and increasingly more recycled pieces (you should SEE what my dad gave me over the weekend....more on that later)
I showed her my album of art stuff, photos of Eastern Market- told her about the Indie art scene and Handmade Nation...while fruity Cheerios and Cars were flying all over my hardwood floor- :-) I showed her "Lancaster City Bird" which is my sons favorite by far.
It's one of those days where you have not too much planned and people in your life show up and make your day interesting. I am waiting now for a call from my sweetheart Mexican au pair (I am the Lancaster coordinator for Cultural Care Au Pair), as I am picking her up from the train station. She spent the weekend in NYC, lucky senorita.

No comments: