Monday, November 15, 2010

and so it goes...

So my wintery/holiday show season is now, and my baby is little...like not yet four weeks of littleness! I've been fitting in my art, amongst caring for my newborn...the house is tended to sporadically during Mimi's naps, and each day before things are tidied, the house explodes with Max's toys. sometimes it's a balancing act. literally, as I try navigate my steps over an impressive collection of Toy Story toys...

I picked up my remaining items at the Distelfink Christmas show today...Mimi asleep in the car with my Mom...Mimi wearing the fanciest little pink frock from Sweet Baby Jess, with rosebuds. Max, big boy, running into the venue with me and having to pee the moment I needed to go over my remaining inventory with the volunteers. Then, lingering happily next to me after a worker gave him a Tootsie Pop.

After four years of selling my art, I still never know what will happen with a given show. Always, I meet someone nice, and always my experience builds. but did my things sell this weekend? If they didn't I would feel a bit like an arse, lugging my newborn from Lancaster to Schaefferstown and back...but then again, I love what I make. I love using British wool to make my flowers, I love that i made up my own Wensleydale flower felting techniques. and so it goes...and so Mimi and Max... and my Mom and me...buckling kids in the car, not knowing how the show panned out. Driving for a bit, wondering if people liked them, did they like the little beads? the colors?

So Max and I thanked the volunteer and we emerged from the Thomas Brendle museum, ...my three clear containers of flowers now reduced to half a single box full.

We prepaid our fee for 2011 before we left. An encouraging and reassuring moment- . and so it went. I buckled Max back in the car. My Mom gave me a smile, and I gave my new baby girl a little kiss.

If you bought one of my pieces this weekend, thank you!

2 comments:

Susanna said...

Just peeking in to see your pretty Mimi-girl! :D She is so lovely, Maggie!

Maggie said...

oh Susanna, you're so sweet, was just thinking of you yesterday too. can't wait til Mimi can wear her Mary Janes! XO