Thursday, November 12, 2009

New brooches at Lancaster Yarn Shop




It's been a busy week of recovering from my unexpected surgery, and getting back to normal with preschool and working at my part-time job. AND I'm up and making flowers again. I created a new batch for the Lancaster Yarn Shop these past few days, and delivered them to the store there in Kitchen Kettle Village this morning. See the finished result above, and the red one in progress. Each phase of felting is simple but interesting how fast you can get from A to Z. I think a lot of beginning a new art form is getting over a fear that you'll mess up your supplies. Once I get going though and practice a lot, it's very comforting for me to make things.

I have a few days off now, and will start another set of flowers...I'm truly considering a December show, but I'm holding off on my decision for a few days to see how it goes.

I am trying to stay calm and content and collected and restful...my new mantra after four nights in the hospital. No more coffee has really helped...but in a way, this is a chilled out way to end the year.

No comments: